Wednesday, July 16, 2008

AKA's in D.C.

In what in my opinion is the largest single gathering of women, black, white or other that I have ever seen, the AKA's of the world have descended upon Chocolate City to celebrate their 100 year anniversary.

Being that my mother is a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha, I figured why not partake in the festivities?

So I made my way downtown to the convention center where I saw every type of women you could imagine and even some in-between. I found myself muttering "I know thas right" on more that one occasion.

Patti Labelle performed (though it was rather short) later that night for a crowd of women who were "wipe me down" in some Pink and Green.



When I tell you there were a LOT of people...


Apparently my mother (right) and Killa Cam's Mom (left) are really good friends, who had to fly all the way from the West Coast for a Pink and Green Boule

Ol' heads outside in the all white linen

She was killin it






-Tone Rock

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger ebbs said...

Whats up man. I got a question for you. How did you get the idea to have an email address of Tonythetig@aol, thats been my alias for the looongest on RealtalkNY.net (Tonythetiger that is).

July 17, 2008 at 1:42 AM  
Blogger Tonyhall89 said...

Shiiiittt, I think that every person named Tony goes through a period of their life listening to the "Tony the Tiger" being sung to them, but to be honest I made that shit in like 10th grade. People really don't even be on AIM nemore, especially now that they have Facebook Chat

July 17, 2008 at 9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home