Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Like A Kid In The Candy Store

So tomorrow at 10:00 am the 2008 Vans Warped Tour lands in ATL. I've been a fan of punk rock my entire life, but because of the lack of anything in Danville, VA I never got the chance to go. Now I know elitist everywhere can argue how many true "punk" bands are actually on the bill, but I don't really care about scene cred at this point in my life, and i'm comfortable with saying, I actually like some songs by Cartel and Hit The Lights lol. That's a completly different topic for another time though. But Being such a longtime fan of the genre, has a downside when it comes to a festival tour. Most of my favorite bands who once graced the Warped stage have since broken up, or just moved on from Warped Tour in general (Rancid, new album please?) But nevertheless, i'm pretty excited and looking forward to seeing Say Anything, Set Your Goals (The best "warped tour" band in it right now), and Gym Class Heroes, just to name a few. Check out the new single from Set Your Goals until I report back with the recap...


http://www.myspace.com/setyourgoals

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home